Shopping Deal Forum powered by www.userquote.com Inventory Checker FAQ

Author Topic: Inventory Checker FAQ  (Read 29242 times)

master

• Administrator
  • L7: Super Shopper
  • Register today and start to be frugal!
    • Online Shopping Help
Inventory Checker FAQ
« on: October 10, 2013, 08:12:17 PM »
General:
1. Why do I get the error message that says "Oops, our apologies! We had a problem getting you to Staples.com. "?
    Ans: You need to select Merchant first, the default is Staples.
2. When I copy&paste item number, should I pay attention to leading and trailing spaces?
    Ans: Yes, most time the checker works even with those extra spaces but it works better without them.
3. Why does nothing happen when I click the link that is shown in the result box?
    Ans: Some links in the box are click-able but most aren't. What you can do: point to an open space inside the box and right click your mouse, select to open 'this frame' in a new tab or new window.
4. The whole thing does not work for me at all, what can I do?
    Ans: Sometimes it is your browser. We tested latest versions of Fire Fox and IE so it may not work on earlier versions or other browsers. please post your problem in this forum and we will try to provide a solution as soon as possible.

STAPLES:
1. What does Low Stock Clearance Item mean?
    Ans: It means the item is on clearance list and the store may or may not have it. Call the store number and let them reserve the item for you if possible.
2. I have a 5-digit SKU number, would that work?
    Ans: Yes, it works with 5-digit SKU numbers.
3. Where is the SKU numbers located?
    Ans: The SKU # should be on the item product page, right underneath the product name after 'Item:'.
4. The result page say "Page not found“, what does it mean?
    Ans: Most likely it is because the SKU # is not found in Staples data base. This happens for discontinued products and you may try Staples 2.
5. What is the difference between Staples and Staples 2?
    Ans: Staples 2 tracks with a different link that works on some SKUs that won't work for Staples link. When you encounter problem in 4, try Staples 2 first.

TARGET:
1. Why can't I see result when I use DPCI number to check target inventory?
    Ans: Target recently closed all their web links using DPCI, please use the 8-digit online item # (or internet #) to check.
2. How can I find the 8-digit online item at Target.com from the DPCI number?
    Ans: Go to http://www.target.com and input the full DCPI number with hyphens in the search bar, then click on the product. In the address bar of your browser, there are 8 numbers after "/A-" That is the online item #.

Home Depot:
1. What is the difference between Home Depot and Home Depot 2?
    Ans: You need 9-digit Internet # and Store SKU # for Home Depot. If a product only has 9-digit Internet # but store SKU is nowhere to be found, try our Home Depot 2 (which provides a clickable link) and try to add items directly to your shopping cart.
2. Where can I find those numbers?
    Ans: The 9-digit Internet # should be on the item product page, right underneath the product name. Sometimes you will see the store SKU # next to it.

Bestbuy:
1. Why does the result not show in the box ?
    Ans: Bestbuy disables the function to call their website link directly to the box (iframe). So we provide the clickable link for you.
2. Where can I find 7-digit SKU #?
    Ans: The 7-digit SKU # should be on the item product page, right underneath the product name.

Radio Shack:
1.  Where can I find 8-digit Product ID?
    Ans: Open the item product page, in the address bar of your browser, there are 8 numbers after "?productId=" That is the Product ID.
2. What is the radius used in the store search?
    Ans: Radio Shack's default radius is 5 miles but we changed it to 50 miles radius in the result page.

Walmart:
1.  Where can I find 8-digit Item Number?
    Ans: Open the item product page, in the address bar of your browser, there are 8 numbers after "/" That is the Product ID.
2. Is the result real time?
    Ans: Approximately to real time. You can call the store number to make sure they have one and try to reserve it before you go.

If this FAQ still does not resolve your issue, please post your problem in this forum and we will try to provide a solution as soon as possible. Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:05:33 AM by master »
Visit our home page http://www.userquote.com for more deals